Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five or more years of experience in x86 Hypervisor administration. This experience must include the following
• VMware vSphere\ESX 5, 5.5, and 6.0
• VMware vCenter 5.5, 6.0
• Microsoft HyperV 2012R2
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 administration
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
• VMware vCenter 6.5, VMware vROPS, Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager, Microsoft Windows server, Microsoft Failover Clustering, Trend Micro Deep Security administration, Citrix, IIS, SQL
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4, G25, within the Data Center Hosting Hypervisor Unit, the Project Assistant will manage x86 Hypervisor systems and subordinate staff.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hypervisor management through VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager of standard and distributed virtual switches, shared storage management; host configurations, including host installs and configurations based on industry best practices and ITS requirements; host\VM security configuration pursuant to Federal security guidelines. These duties would apply to both data center and remote site environments.
- Capacity Management of virtual infrastructure, including host compute capacity, virtual machine right sizing. Monitor compute utilization to determine proper location and sizing of workloads.
- Trend Micro Deep Security Management to monitor functionality of appliances, create\edit policies applied to virtual guests, troubleshoot VMware vShield configuration dependencies
- Advanced Microsoft Windows management skills for troubleshooting cluster configurations, network communication issues, and storage connectivity issues
- Work Intake through ITSM for Incidents, Requests, Change requests, and Problem. Candidate would be required to submit Change requests for scheduled work, respond to incidents submitted by end users, and complete service requests from end users, all in a timely manner
- Candidate would participate in the on-call rotation as a secondary or in a supporting role with subordinate staff acting as Primary contacts for after hours issues.
- Project Participation as a representative of ITS DCH Hypervisor at project planning meetings, such as data center consolidation. Responsibilities would include interaction with project managers, colleagues, and customers in a professional manner and provide recommendations for successfully achieving project objectives. Tasks would include preparation of source environments for migrations, migrations of virtual servers to Enterprise environments, alignment of virtual guests with backup and anti-virus services, integration tools upgrades, virtual hardware upgrades.
- Candidate will supervise subordinate staff and will coordinate staff activities and provide guidance as needed. Demonstration
- Candidate must adhere to all New York State laws, ITS policies, and agency information bulletins, and must participate in available training/tutoring/mentoring opportunities regarding updates to policies, procedures, or DCH-WIN supported software.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062