Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as a Supervising Budgeting Analyst, M-1. Also open to NYS employees with one year of contingent permanent competitive service at the G-23 level or above who are in titles approved for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. This transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grade levels or one M-level.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed below. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed.
Duties Description The Supervising Budgeting Analyst will support and provide oversight for the essential on-going financial transactions of ITS. The specific requirements and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide critical oversight for budget and purchase services within Finance Services including the issuance of purchase orders, interaction with the Division of Budget (DOB) and Strategic Sourcing Team (SST) at the Office of General Services (OGS), development and maintenance of spending plans, and on-going financial analysis.
• Provide analysis to senior management as well as NYS control agencies including OSC, DOB, SFS, and OGS/SST.
• Supervise staff within the unit responsible for Budgeting, Financial Management, and Procurements.
• Review/approve budget journals (including SEG, APPROP & Trk2). Requires, proficiency in using the Statewide Financial System (SFS);
• Prepare Weekly Financial Reports;
• Submit and track Request to Fills (RTFs);
• Manage and maintain Pool Code IDs in the PAYSRV system; -- Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Reporting;
• Manage and maintain the Chart of Accounts and provide guidance/training on ITS Chart of Accounts usage/structure;
• Participate in the various workgroups (i.e. Chart of Accounts, SFS);
• Resolve SFS budget errors and respond to error inquiries from the BSC and other NYS Agencies;
• Assist with the annual ITS State Budget Request (SBR) to the Division of Budget (DOB);
• Execute and monitor spending plans and encumbrances pursuant to levels established in the enacted State Budget and in coordination with Fiscal Operations;
• Monitor and analyze Agency revenue and cash spending projections for DOB’s review;
• Monitor, analyze, and approve non-personal service (NPS) information technology (IT) spending requests;
• Coordinate program/cluster justifications for B1184 submittals, and act as a liaison to secure DOB approvals (B-1184s);
• Provide direction, management, and policy guidance;
• Provide oversight of financial management;
• Conduct extensive evaluations of program goals/objectives and direct adjustments to ensure that each complies with a rapidly changing/expanding agency mission;
• Provide leadership to promote enterprise procurement coordination and efficient management of ITS's resources and assets across Statewide hosted agencies;
• Provide fiscal oversight of Agency/Department/Program spending by maintaining accurate financial record keeping, spending plans, cost allocation controls, and budgets;
• Prepare fiscal impact analysis of pending and enacted State and Federal legislation, Executive Orders, program letters, etc.;
• Perform all other duties necessary to assist the ITS Assistant Director of Finance, the ITS Director of Finance, and the ITS Director of Administration.
Additional Comments Approval to fill this position is pending. Some positions may require fingerprinting. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Louise C. Nails, no later than May 18, 2018 and indicate that you are applying for Supervising Budgeting Analyst, Ref. #51005G. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position.
Your Social Security Number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.