Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Reassignment - Currently in the title and an employee of DEC
Reinstatement Eligible - Previously held the title on a permanent competitive basis or held a title as indicated under the transfer eligible section on a permanent competitive basis.
Transfer Eligible - One year of permanent competitive service at Salary Grade 11 or higher and either:
Eligible for transfer under Section 70.4: Must meet the open competitive minimum qualifications below;
Eligible for transfer under Section 52.6: Must have current or prior service in a title designated as 52.6 within two salary grades\one M grade of this position. To determine if your title is designated as 52.6 go to the Department of Civil Service website http://www.cs.ny.gov/ and search for your title under GOT-IT.
Eligible for transfer under Section 70.1: Permanent competitive service as a Senior Administrative Analyst, Administrative Aide, Agency Program Aide, Senior Librarian, Secretary 2. Also any language parenthetic for the above titles. Additional titles which qualify can be found on the Department of Civil Service website, http://www.cs.ny.gov/, search ”GOT-IT.”
55-b/55-c Candidates must meet the open competitive minimum qualifications below and include with their resume or application, a copy of the letter from Civil Service which indicates approval for the 55-b/55-c program.
Open competitive minimum qualifications (provided for 55b/c candidates and 70.4 transfer eligible): Bachelor's degree.
Duties Description - Conduct internal investigations including gathering and analysis of data, writing reports and recommendations.
- Update and maintain a communications spreadsheet on investigation cases.
- Conduct eDiscovery searches in support of investigations and analyze data.
- Conduct reviews of the Data Loss Prevention program data and prepare reports.
- Prepare spreadsheets, as necessary, for data analysis.
- Gather and analyze data for internal audits and assist with preparation of reports.
- Assist with collection of data for external audits.
- Conduct risk assessments to determine areas in need of audits.
- Interface with Divisions and Regions on Corrective Action plans generated from audits.
- Use various techniques as needed to gather data for audits and investigations including interviews, review of email and internet use, review of computer systems data and review GPS data.
- Assist with policy review and re-drafting.
- Work with ITS staff on data analysis needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.