Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Base: 7 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications • Must be currently permanent in the title of Contract Management Specialist 2.
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Contract Management Specialist 2.
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service to the Contract Management Specialist 2 (must be within 2 salary grades).
• Must qualify for a provisional appointment*
NOTE: *Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
You must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had two months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as:
Either A. Contract Management Specialist 1, Contract Management Specialist Trainee 2, Contract Management Specialist Trainee 1, Assistant Building Construction Contract Analyst, Grant Administrator 1, Parks Regional Grants Administrator, Purchasing Officer 1, Transportation Contracts Analyst 1, or Thruway Purchasing Officer 1;
Or B. Purchasing Agent or Head Account Clerk.
Only the title(s) listed is qualifying for this examination(s).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Contract Management Specialist 2, you would perform duties similar to those of a Contract Management Specialist 1, but would handle more complex problems and situations and would have greater responsibility and independence. You may also act as a program administrator and supervise subordinate staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will carry a caseload responsible for direct work within the recently combined Community Funding, Self-Direction, and Housing Liaison Unit. The Contract Management Specialist 2 will also provide supervision to members of this team. The functions of this team are integrated with our Community Support Teams that support service delivery for individuals across Orange, Rockland, Sullivan, and Westchester counties. The Contract Management Specialist 2 would be analyzing budgets, Independent Supports Services (ISS) Contracts, and Environmental Modification/Assistive Technology budgets. The position would also be responsible for reviewing initial and amended Self Direction budgets, and submitting these to Rate Setting and Budget Office. The position would also be responsible for coordinating the training of new and existing Self Direction brokers. The Contract Management Specialist 2 would also potentially directly supervise staff involved in all of the above-described tasks. The unit is comprised of 7 staff and 1.5 administrative assistants.
Specific responsibilities include oversight of:
Independent Support Services (ISS):
• Facilitate Housing Committee agenda, meeting and follow up.
• Analyzing budgets and price proposals for annual Independent Support Services contracts. Hudson Valley supports roughly 400 separate Individualized Support Services (ISS) contracts.
• The position will have a caseload related to the coordination of new ISS support requests.
Family Support Services (FSS):
• This position will have a caseload that involves analyzing and renewing budgets and contracts for Family Support Services.
Environmental Modifications (E-mods) and Assistive Technology:
• This position will process Assistive Technology and Environmental Modification requests.
• The Contract Management Specialist 2 must facilitate and monitor all E-mod contracts ensuring compliance with NYS contracting guidelines including meeting all MWBE requirements.
Assistive Support Prices:
• This position would be responsible for the development of assistive support prices for special projects and supporting day program prices for individuals who have aged out and are maintained in state residential schools.
• Submit Cost Neutral Budget Amendment to Rate Setting and Budget Office monthly
• Review Initial and Amended Self Direction Budgets and submit to Rate Setting and Budget Office
• Provide Self Direction trainings to new and current Brokers
• Assist Brokers, especially new ones, to ensure plans meet Self Direction guidance and person’s needs.
• Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as directed.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by May 22, 2018 to:
DDROO – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.