Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Office of General Services employees who have permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c service as a BSC Analyst 1 and are interested in reassignment OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 and above and eligible for transfer under section 52.6, 70.1*, or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
*Comprehensive lists of titles approved for transfer to a BSC Analyst 1, BSC Analyst Trainee 1 and BSC Analyst Trainee 2 are available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov. Successful completion of a two year traineeship leads to appointment as a BSC Analyst 1, SG-18.
New York State employees with current standing on the Professional Career Opportunity (PCO) eligible list with the score of 100 or above are encouraged to apply.
New York State employees with current standing on the PATT eligible list will be canvassed and do not need to apply. This announcement is to notify individuals of a transfer opportunity only.
GENERAL PUBLIC - 55B/C ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES ONLY:
Candidates who are currently 55b/c eligible AND possess a bachelor’s degree are encouraged to apply for this position.
Duties Description The incumbent will perform a wide range of professional duties within the Accounts Payable, Purchasing or Travel and Expense service lines of the Business Services Center (BSC) to support the BSC’s core mission. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Providing Excellent Customer Service
• Ensure all customer requests are resolved in a timely and professional manner;
• Develop, provide and deliver external training on Service Line specific topics;
• Communicate effectively with customer agencies through announcements, emails, presentations, user groups and other appropriate media;
• Incorporate Lean Principles across all work.
Supervision of 3-4 team leaders
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of policies and procedures that relate to the appropriate service line processes on a daily basis with the ability to apply them;
• Create and deliver Tax Call Center Training;
• Incorporate principles of Project Management;
• Display a functional understanding of NYS Finance Law, OSC, GOER and DOB regulations and how to effectively apply them to diverse situations.
Additional Comments If interested in this position and applying as a 55b/c candidate, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.