Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Rehabilitation Provider Specialist 2.
Provisional Appointment: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree AND two years of experience in:
Either 1. The development of standards and purchasing practices covering products and services for disabled persons;
Or 2. The monitoring of the provision of products and services purchased on behalf of disabled persons.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates to fill a Rehabilitation Provider Specialist 2 position in the Albany Central Office, Quality Assurance and Monitoring unit. The incumbent of this position will report to the Manager of Vocational and Educational Services Coordination 1 in the Quality Assurance and Monitoring unit. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Respond to inquiries and complaints from participants and work with participants and District Office staff to ensure participants are receiving quality services within necessary timeframes;
• Participate in Provider Agency case reviews to ensure participants are receiving quality services as specified in ACCES-VR vendor contracts;
• Participate in District Office case reviews to ensure staff members are meeting Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) regulations when serving participants;
• Send findings to Provider Agency, District Office staff and Central Office staff, as needed;
• Assist Sr. Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors with the development and implementation of a corrective action plan if necessary;
• Conduct site visits for new vendors;
• Review Impartial Fair Hearing transcripts and ensure participant and District Office staff are aware of the decision and comply with the decision; and
• Review outgoing information to ensure participant confidentiality is maintained.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. Extensive statewide travel will be required.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by May 30, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2057/40752) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by May 30, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2057/40752) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.