Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
• Minimum seven years of full-time professional experience conducting fraud investigations and audits.
• Certified Fraud Examiner or another comparable certification.
• Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses, to apply various statistical methods and formulas, to discern and unravel complex interrelationships, to recognize concealed or obscured associations, and to draw logical inferences and conclusions significant for evidentiary purposes.
• Ability to use computer hardware and software as tools for gathering and analyzing financial information, conducting analyses, managing investigative cases, and facilitating office operations, including use of database management systems, statistical analytical software, internet research, office automation (spreadsheets, desktop publishing, etc.), and electronic mail systems.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, including ability to translate complex and interrelated information into articulate presentations, compose substantive analytical report.
• Knowledge and skills related to white collar crime, money laundering, accounting principle violations, asset misappropriation, financial statement fraud, bankruptcy fraud, credit card fraud, embezzlement, evidence integrity analysis, damage assessment, tracing illicit funds, locating hidden assets, forensic intelligence gathering, and/or regression analysis.
• Power user of Microsoft Excel and Access. Ability to use formulas and pivot tables to analyze large data sets and effectively format spreadsheets for presentation and review.
• Ability to work with a variety of software applications and experience analyzing large and complex data sets is expected.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, quantitative, writing, and organizational skills expected.
• Strong research and investigative abilities expected.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team.
Duties Description The Office of the NYS Gaming Inspector General was created pursuant to the Upstate New York Gaming Economic Development Act of 2013 to promote transparency and accountability as well as to ensure honesty and integrity as it relates to gaming activities and the Commission. The Office is responsible for investigating allegations of corruption, criminal activity, fraud, conflicts of interest and abuse within the Commission.
The Office is seeking an experienced investigative auditor. This individual will conduct in-depth forensic examination and analysis of complex and sophisticated financial records and recordkeeping systems by utilizing accounting, auditing, analytical, technical, and investigative
skills. The Investigative Auditor will examine and analyze financial data to identify fraudulent activity, identify and trace funding sources and interrelated transactions, collect and analyze pertinent information/documents and conduct interviews. He or she will also compile findings and conclusions into financial investigative reports.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively use technology to assist with information gathering and data analysis and to assist with risk identification and assessments; utilize various computer applications to review and interpret implications on a vast number and variety of financial transactions, and other corporate business, and financial processes, associations, and record-keeping systems; and possess excellent analytical, communication and organization skills.
Under the direction of the Gaming Inspector General, the incumbent will perform the following duties as it relates to high profile and sensitive investigations:
• Conduct in-depth forensic examination and analysis of complex and sophisticated financial records and record keeping systems, by utilizing accounting, auditing, analytical, technical, and investigative skills.
• Examine and analyze financial data to identify fraudulent activity, identify and trace funding sources and interrelated transactions, collect and analyze pertinent information/documents and conduct interviews.
• Use technology to assist with information gathering and data analysis and to assist with risk identification and assessments; utilize various computer applications to review and interpret implications on a vast number and variety of financial transactions, and other corporate business, and financial processes, associations, and record-keeping systems.
• Compile findings and conclusions into financial investigative reports.
• Prepare written and oral reports, and translate complex and interrelated information into articulate presentations.
• Communicate with staff at other state agencies and law enforcement entities.
Additional Comments Appointees who work in the five boroughs of New York City or in Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, or Westchester Counties will receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Occasional statewide travel required.
Appointment will be contingent upon completion of a fingerprint background check before an official appointment offer can be made.
Prior Employment Restrictions: The law that established the Commission (Section 107 of New York’s Racing, Pari-Mutuel Wagering and Breeding Law) prohibits any person from being employed by the Commission if, during the period commencing three years prior to employment, such person held any interest in, or employment by, any corporation, association or person engaged in gaming activity with the State.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 7500
Notes on ApplyingThe NYS Gaming Commission has several vacancies for which we are currently recruiting. Please specify the title and Vacancy ID number in the Subject Line of your email or fax submission.
Please submit a cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Investigative Auditor and include the Vacancy ID number. Please include your current Civil Service title (if applicable)and clearly indicate how you meet the preferred qualifications for this position. Your Social Security Number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.