200 Jordan Road
Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Office Assistant 2 (Customer Service) eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 7 or above.
**In addition, in order to be considered for appointment to a Spanish language position, applicants will be required to demonstrate proficiency in Spanish at a level that will ensure their ability to adequately perform the duties of the position.
Duties Description Answer calls directed to the Office of Unclaimed Funds Communication Center that are received in English or Spanish.
• Receives calls from claimants and Reporting Organizations.
• Answers questions related to claim status, expected processing timeframes, form completion and required claim documentation.
• Identifies property for Claim by Phone (PBP) eligibility, establishes claim and requests required proof documentation or recommends payment according to agency rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
• Answer emails directed to the Office of Unclaimed Funds Communication Center that are received in English or Spanish.
• Reads and interpret e-mails and attached correspondence and drafts response, images to appropriate claim, request check status request when necessary and completes change of address notifications.
Process claims identified as simple (low value, single/living owners; easy to process).
• Read and interpret claim correspondence.
• Perform database searches using information extracted from the correspondence.
• Input claimant contact information (name, address, phone number).
• Identify and link claim properties
• Determine if claim requirements have been met
• Draft new correspondence, approve claims for payment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than May 20, 2018. Please reference Item # 06146– GOER-JDC when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY # should not be included.