Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Habilitation Specialist 1
2. Permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 1
3. 70.1 transfer eligible candidates. For eligible 70.1 transfer information, visit the Career Mobility Office at: http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/titleinfo.cfm?jobcode=3930100&nu=05
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Consideration will be given to interest, demonstrated skills in curriculum development and implementation, experience/success in establishing linkages with the community to promote individuals’ inclusion, and expertise relevant to the population to be served.
Day Habilitation offers several activities to choose from and selected candidate should be able to instruct those in gardening, cooking/baking, music appreciation, self-advocacy, social skills, fitness, pet care, budgeting, work skills development, arts and crafts, reading, clothing, sensory activities and activities of daily living.
It is the philosophy of Day Habilitation that courses offered will be integrated in the least restrictive environment and in the community setting as much as possible. Therefore, the majority of the Day Habilitation will not occur “within the walls” of the program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Selected candidate will be the lead clinical person in an assigned room responsible for the day to day operations of a Day Hab room. Person will be responsible for scheduling outings, Day Hab paper work, ensuring the safety and welfare of the individuals, completing Day Hab billing and documents in a timely manner and engaging individuals in activities and work related activities. Selected person will at times cover the building and assist with transportation concerns.
Additional Comments Please note:
• This title may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For information on the PSLF, please click on:
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.