Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Building 5, 2nd Floor
Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service as a Contract Management Specialist 1 OR in a position at G-16 or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law OR in a title approved for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades.
Qualifications for Contract Management Specialist Trainee. Also open to New York State employees in a title designated appropriate for Section 70.1 transfer to the title of Contract Management Specialist Trainee 1 or Contract Management Specialist Trainee 2.
Candidates with at least one year of permanent competitive service in a title allocated to G-11 or higher who have standing on the PCO eligible list or those who successfully completed the recent holding of the PATT and who have a bachelor’s degree may be eligible for transfer under the provisions of Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates eligible for consideration under the Governor's Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55b/c of the Civil Service Law will also be considered. Individuals certified eligible for the 55b/c program must possess a bachelor's degree to meet the education qualifications. Please provide a copy of your letter of eligibility and a copy of your unofficial transcript with your response.
The salary range identified above applies to candidates appointed to Contract Management Specialist 1, G-18. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Contract Management Specialist Trainee 1 starts at $42,986 and Contract Management Trainee 2 starts at $45,455 and is based on the candidate's salary at the time of hire. Candidates hired into the Contract Management Specialist Trainee 1 title will be advanced to Contract Management Specialist 1 upon the successful completion of a two-year traineeship.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list certification for this title in order to be list appointed. Please respond to all eligible list canvasses received.
Duties Description The Contract Management Specialist 1/Trainee will reside within the Portfolio Business, Shared Services. The incumbent will assist in the performance of a wide variety of activities associated with contractual, administrative, and fiscal management services.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare routine correspondence related to contracts
• Obtain information required by contract management staff
• Maintain records for contract files, track contract deliverables, and reconcile time sheets for staff augmentation providers
• Reconcile monthly billings under consultant contracts
• Articulate expectations of the vendor staff as set forth in the contracting documentation,
• Insure that all impediments to contractor success, within the control of the manager, are removed in a timely basis, and
• Inspect and provide timely feedback on all contractor deliverables.
• Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of all state regulations, rules, and laws governing the procurement and contracting process.
• Initiating and revising procedures to address changes in the laws and regulations.
• Reviewing proposed contracts for fiscal and programmatic correctness, adherence to state policy, compatibility with agency programs and program goals, availability of funds, and appropriateness of rates.
• Assisting with the monitoring of contract execution, identifying and reporting on contractor deficiencies, and administering contract closeout procedures.
• Reviewing procurement records to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, and regulations are adhered to and that proposed contracts represent the & best value to the State.
• Developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with the PBO staff and providing guidance, technical assistance, and training as needed to facilitate the contract and procurement processes and ensure control requirements are met.
• Assist in preparing requisitions to be entered into SFS.
• Work closely with agency policy makers.
• Maintain emergency contact information for the Program& Business Continuity Plan.
• Assist in special projects or assignments.
• Procurements of software, maintenance, staff augmentation (HBITS/RFQ’s).
• Handle other routine accounts and purchasing.
• Technical skills expected are: Develop an understanding of large and/or complex business knowledge areas,
• Understand tools and techniques needed to deliver data analysis and statistics,
• Establish standards, methods and procedures, and
• Full understanding of required skills to create excel spreadsheets upon request,
• Knowledge of different applications for processing forms and submittals
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Gina Scott, no later than May 21, 2018 and indicate that you are applying for Contract Management Specialist 1/Trainee, G-18, Ref. #15068. Please clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
Your Social Security Number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.