Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the Contract Management Specialist 1 or appropriate Civil Service eligible list or a current NYS employee eligible for transfer under Sections 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law. Depending on qualifications, candidate may be required to serve a 2 year traineeship that leads to a journey level grade 18 position.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
To be eligible for a 52.6 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
70.4 Transfer to Contract Management Specialist Trainee 1:
One year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to a SG-11 or higher, possess a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department as following acceptable educational practices and have standing on the PATT or Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible lists.
Duties Description Work with a team supervised by a Contract Management Specialist 2 in conducting the Agency’s procurements
• Assist supervisor in facilitating the procurement of goods and services in accordance with applicable New York State laws and regulations.
• Assist in preparing and developing Invitation to Bids (IFBs), Request for Proposals and Sole and Single Source contracts, to ensure the process clearly and accurately details the goods or services required.
• Assist in the preparation and editing of contractual agreements.
• Draft and post Contract Reporter advertisement notices.
• Review RFP evaluation scoring for completeness and reasonableness.
• Conduct Vendor Responsibility reviews and prepare documentation.
• Provide assistance in advising agency program staff on the appropriate method of procurement to meet program goals.
• Maintain procurement record, both physical and electronic files, and when applicable, prepare procurement record for Attorney General and Bureau of Contracts approval.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of procurement laws and procedures including but not limited to New York State Finance Law and Procurement Council Guidelines.
SFS System Analysis and Budget Planning
• Proficiently process transactions within the State Financial System (SFS). Utilize SFS for creating contract purchase requisitions and associated purchase orders.
• Develop and run queries as needed from SFS. Use information to manage workload and monitor appropriation expenditures.
• Assist supervisor in preparing budget projections for expenditures and monitor appropriation expenditures throughout the year and for fiscal-year closeout.
• Assist supervisor in addressing any procurement and payment issues as they arise.
Statutory Reporting and Procurement Procedures
• Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly procurement-related reports as required by law.
• Assist agency’s Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) officer by supplying information and supporting documentation to support agency response to FOIL inquiries.
• Perform other activities and assist in special projects as requested by the supervisor and/or Assistant Director.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than May 25, 2018. Please reference #198-GOER–NAS when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. (The Vacancy ID # should not be included.)