Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method:
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the Civil Service eligible list for Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide, #00340.
Transfer: Candidates in titles eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law are encouraged to apply. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/
Please Note that under Civil Service Law, an employee cannot have two consecutive upward 70.1 or 52.6 transfers without an intervening eligible list appointment if such transfers would exceed two salary grades.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (DFS) is seeking applicants to fill the position of Program Aide. The incumbent will perform general activities in support of the Office of Human Resources as assigned, including, but not limited to:
• Provides assistance to Office Managers and staff, creating reports, gathering and tracking various information;
• Monitors multiple Human Resources mailboxes and preparing responses accordingly;
• Schedules interviews and managing calendar appointments;
• Prepares materials for DFS participation in college and career fairs;
• Tracks Financial Service Examiner (FSE) candidate applications, FSE traineeship recruitment timeline and process;
• Prepares FSE score verification packets;
• Prepares written correspondence related to FSE recruitment;
• Downloads, tracks and maintains FSE eligible lists;
• Prepares and mails canvass letters;
• Assists Senior Administrative Analyst with projects related to advancing the FSE Traineeship agenda as assigned;
• Administrative duties in support of the FSE Traineeship Governance Committee;
• Provides general Human Resources and Office Services support; and
• Additional assignments as required.
Preferred Qualifications: Effective writing, communication and customer service skills, strong technical and organizational skills and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Additional Comments Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply:
Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than May 25, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include “Box HR-00739” in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job. If the accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency, the agency is not required to provide it.