Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 7 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 2 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Office Assistant 2 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description The incumbent will be assigned to the Transaction Unit and will perform a wide range of duties in support of the Division of Human Resources Management. Under the direction of an Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources), the incumbent of this position will:
• Monitor and process traineeships, performance evaluations, and probation reports for employees, and send reminders to managers as necessary.
• Assist with the processing of personnel transactions in Human Capital Management (HCM) and Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
• Communicate regularly with the Business Services Center (BSC) to resolve processing issues and questions.
• Canvass eligible lists, maintain responses, and develop lists of qualified acceptors for Human Resources staff.
• Code incoming canvass responses into ELMS, as well as print and file canvasses that are received via email or fax.
• Assist the Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources) in the running of various reports in various HR systems, as necessary for tracking and monitoring due dates. Some examples of these are Appointment End Dates Report, Licensing Credential Report, Performance Evaluation Report, Personal Info Change Report, and/or Name & Address Change Report.
• Other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.