Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • Masters’ degree and four years of progressively responsible experience in fiscal policy and/or financial management in a major central budgeting office environment; one year of such experience must have included senior level management experience involving policy planning and direction, and the supervision of management staff;
• Revenue forecasting, budgeting, and management experience; and
• Candidates must demonstrate an ability to address changing priorities and provide expert fiscal policy advice and counsel in an ever-changing fiscal and political environment.
Duties Description The Economics/Revenue Unit in the Division of the Budget is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Chief Budget Examiner on the Revenue Team. The Revenue Team is responsible for forecasting the revenue side of the Executive Budget; participating in the preparation of quarterly Financial Plan updates; tax policy analysis; construction of models for forecasting and policy analysis; updating cash revenue estimates in the development of the State’s Financial Plan; fiscal impact analysis of proposed and enacted tax policy legislation; and budget negotiation with legislative fiscal committee staffs.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Chief Budget Examiner would include, but are not limited to:
• Providing policy advice and recommendations to the Chief Budget Examiner on programmatic, fiscal, and administrative issues.
• Conducting research identifying revenue trends that may have an impact on the State’s long-term fiscal condition.
• Directing the analysis of the effects of various taxes on the economic and business climate of the State and for use in developing the State Financial Plan.
• Directing staff in the analysis of the long-term implications of the State’s tax structure and formulating recommendations for the Chief Budget Examiner related to Division policies.
• Working cooperatively with the Deputy Chief of Economic Studies, under the direction of the Chief Budget Examiner, to determine the immediate and long-range effects of decisions made by Executive policymakers related to State and local taxes on the economy, taxpayer behavior, and the State’s fiscal condition.
• Directing the analysis of individual State taxes to determine revenue estimates that will be used in the State Financial Plan and the New York State Executive Budget.
• Directing and reviewing the analysis of tax policy and legislation within the Economics/Revenue Unit’s purview, and making recommendations to the Chief Budget Examiner pertaining to the approval or veto of such legislation.
• Directing policy evaluation research related to tax and economic development programs, including the construction of models as required to perform such analysis.
• Carrying out special assignments as directed by the Chief Budget Examiner.
• Coordinating with the Division's Press Officer to provide public responses to revenue-related questions.
Additional Comments To be considered for this position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/. Please select "Assistant Chief Budget Examiner - Revenue" on the 'Title Applying For' page.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/. Please select " Assistant Chief Budget Examiner -Revenue" on the 'Title Applying For' page.