Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be currently reachable on the eligible list or be eligible to transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates appointed from the departmental eligible list will be required to serve a two-year traineeship that leads to Accountant Aide, G-13.
Candidates appointed to the traineeship must have completed six credit hours of accounting/auditing and will need to complete an additional six credit hours of accounting/auditing courses before completion of the traineeship.
To be eligible to transfer via 70.1 to Accountant Aide Trainee, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to grade 7 or higher and have completed six credit hours of accounting/auditing.
To be eligible to transfer via 70.1 to Accountant Aide, SG-13, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to grade 11 or higher and have completed 12 credit hours of accounting/auditing.
Duties Description Perform daily cash reconciliation for various Fixed Income accounts and compare totals to the custodial bank amounts. Convey amounts to various business partners for settlement.
• Compare reports received by custodian bank with internal records to identify differences between bank and book records.
• Discrepancies are reports to Senior Accountant for further research and resolution.
• Apply cash receipts for General Ledger system as directed by accountants and maintain any excel spreadsheets requested.
• Utilize various information sources to verify cash receipts.
Provide assistance in updating and maintaining accounting records.
• Provide assistance to the Senior or Associate Accountants in areas such as obtaining information from custodial bank, updating master records on the SunGard Accounting System, reviewing reports for any discrepancies between CRF records and Custodian Bank records or updating Excel spreadsheets.
Provide assistance to the Senior or Associate Accountants in areas such as obtaining information from Custodial bank, updating master records on the SunGard Accounting System, reviewing reports for any discrepancies between CRF records and Custodian Bank records or updating Excel spreadsheets.
• Input transaction files or individual transactions into the SunGard Investment Accounting System.
• Report problems to the Senior or Associate Accountant for resolution.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Attention to detail – accuracy
• Ability to work independently
• Professionalism in communicating and corresponding with business partners
• Reliable regarding time and attendance habits.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or the address listed below by May 28, 2018. Please reference #08010-GOER-JAM when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.