Minimum Qualifications Candidates much possess a New York State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated. Candidates may be required to possess a CDL, Class A, B, C or General Class D license.
Duties Description • *Responsible for driving one of the Agency vehicles between worksites to transport material.
• Typical assigned runs are between headquarters at 110 State Street, Albany and one of the satellite sites at Jordan Road, Rensselaer or 150 Broadway, Menands or completing daily trip to New Karner Road Post Office facility. Typical loads consist of mail or file bins, furniture, USPS post coms (loaded with mail or unloaded), locked rolling cases, and palletized supplies. The driver is responsible for having the load secured prior to moving the vehicle. There are also ad hoc runs throughout the year involving the transport of material to or from other sites across the State, conference facilities or surplus/recycling centers.
• Responsible for the oversight and operation of the Warehouse facility located at 150 Broadway, Menands. This involves using pick list to pack requests for literature or stock supplies, processing items through the UPS shipping system, greeting drivers/delivery personnel and signing for deliveries, off-loading vehicles and properly putting away supplies within the warehouse.
• During each stop of the assigned run, responsible for making rounds, with a cart, to various office locations within the building. Material must be picked up or dropped off appropriately. Palletized material requires use of a pallet jack in order to bring material to loading dock, prior to loading into the vehicle. Must be able to push and pull carts, use a pallet jack and lift 40 pounds.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate information in the vehicle log. Also responsible for being aware of vehicle maintenance needs and reporting to supervisor for prompt handling.
• At times, may be required to work on special mailings, movement of furniture within a work site, removal of shelving or other physical duties of this nature.
*Note: A small box truck, under 26,000 GVRW, is typically used. CDL license is not a requirement. The vehicles are equivalent to a Ford F-350 box truck. There is also a minivan used on occasion.
Additional Comments • Ability and experience in the operation of box truck vehicles
• Strong knowledge of Vehicle and Traffic Law as it applies to the safe and legal operation of motor vehicles
• Ability to communicate effectively with both supervisor and customers
• Experience in a warehouse/loading dock environment
• Physical ability to lift and transport packages, carts and pallets throughout the day
• Knowledge of simple automotive repair and maintenance procedures
• Good time and attendance; promptness
• Strong customer service skills
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than May 29, 2018. Please reference #8073-NAS when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.