Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications One year of experience in the operation of equipment noted as appropriate for this class and the possession of a valid New York State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle operated.
Some examples of appropriate equipment for this class: Self-propelled sweepers, front end loaders and dump trucks.
A demonstration test may be required at the time of interview.
Pursuant to the Federal Omnibus Transportation Act, pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be required. Once appointed to/selected for the position, random drug and alcohol testing will be required.
Duties Description • Assist in grounds operation and maintenance by performing a variety of tasks including the operation of mowers, street sweepers, loaders, salt spreaders, dump trucks, backhoes and aerial lift trucks.
• Perform manual labor to complete grounds maintenance tasks.
• Manually load trash into a garbage hauler and transport the trash from the facilities to the transfer station.
Additional Comments Application Process:
Candidates are required to provide specific, verifiable information about their qualifying experience. This information should be on the letterhead of the employer under whom the qualifying experience was gained and include names and titles of supervisors, duties performed during the training period and specific dates of employment and be signed by that employer.
• Please provide a copy of your valid, unrestricted New York State motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Candidates who do not submit appropriate documentary proof that they meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered for appointment.
Per Agreement between the Civil Service Employees Association, Inc. and the State of New York, Article 45 (c) the requirement to prove qualification shall rest with the employee.
• Valid NYS CDL with airbrake.
• Able to operate a forklift (OSHA certification provided after appointment).
• Able to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding, platform lifts, boom lifts, etc.
• Able to perform moderate to heavy manual labor.
• Able to lift 70 lbs.
• Mandatory overtime as required for snow/ice control and removal, special events, and emergencies, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com .