Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description • Will perform semi-skilled repairs/installations in the electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and painting trades.
• Retrieve daily assignments and track accountable hours using the AiM work management system. Submit accurate and proper documentation in a timely manner.
Additional Comments Application Process:
Candidates are required to provide specific, verifiable information about their qualifying experience with the Application for Posted Position (ADM 227). This information should be on the letterhead of the employer under whom the qualifying experience was gained and include names and titles of supervisors, duties performed during the training period and specific dates of employment and be signed by that employer.
• Candidates qualifying through the completion of appropriate course work should include a copy of their transcript or listing of course work completed.
• Copy of a trades union card is acceptable documentary proof of qualification.
• Candidates who do not submit appropriate documentary proof that they meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered for appointment.
• Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New York State motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Asbestos certification required within 90 days of appointment as well as compliance with all related PESH/OSHA regulations.
• Able to lift up to 80 lbs.
• Able to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding, platform lifts, boom lifts, etc.
• Able to operate a variety of forklifts (OSHA certification provided after appointment).
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints and plans.
• Working knowledge of applicable building codes and regulations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.