Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Candidates must have one year permanent status as a Business Systems Analyst 2, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law including such titles as Information Technology Specialist 3 and Information Technology Specialist 3 Programming. If you are unsure whether your current title qualifies for transfer, you may send a note to email@example.com for a determination.
Duties Description Please Note: You must be a current employee of New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting a qualified, current State employee to fill a Business Systems Analyst 2, Grade 23, position in the Center for Human Resources Management (CHRM), Bureau of HRM Information Management (HRMIM). HRMIM develops and implements the processes and procedures required to support applications, and represents OMH and/or CHRM interests on internal and external steering committees and functional workgroups. HRMIM also supports the CHRM reporting environment, and develops applications and reports to meet the information needs of all CHRM bureaus.
The Business Systems Analyst 2 will be instrumental in creating business requirements documentation, end-user solutions, quality assurance testing, and delivery of on-site and remote user training for OMH’s human resource information systems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Support CHRM application design and development efforts.
• Participate in CHRM project team meetings to discuss business needs and system requirements.
• Work with CHRM staff and users to elicit and document business process workflows.
• Translate user requirements into specifications that can be understood and implemented.
• Develop and conduct test scenarios and test scripts that can be applied to systems development and modifications.
• Analyze potential user impact based upon business process changes and/or design modifications to systems.
• Participate in system deployment and provide end user support and training.
• Communicate and coordinate with Information Technology cluster staff regarding system design, development and implementation.
• Assist CHRM staff with various information technology related issues.
Candidates with background and experience in SQL, Visual Basic, and Tableau are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position, location, and vacancy id# in the subject line of your email when applying.