Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
303 West Liberty Street
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Currently a permanent Rehabilitation Counselor 2 or 70.1 Transfer Eligible within two grades as determined by Civil Service.
Promotion Qualifications: Simultaneous to this posting, the civil service list for Rehabilitation Counselor 2 will be canvassed. Consideration will be contingent upon reachability or eligibility in accordance with Civil Service Law.
One year of permanent service as a Rehabilitation Counselor 1.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to: Development of individual habilitation plans based on individual consumer valued outcomes and clinical needs of the individual. This involves the preparation of the residential habilitation plans as well as the development of training programs for implementation, and training of staff in the implementation of the habilitation programs. Monitoring the implementation of habilitation plans and revised components as needed. Completion of required habilitation documentation in line with agency and unit requirements. Participates hands-on with consumer activities on site and in the community to foster community inclusion. Development of community inclusionary opportunities and activities for individuals. Participation in ISP meetings and other site and unit meetings as needed. Case load to be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments For questions regarding this position, contact Pasquale Dainotto, TTL at 339-6800 ext. 1110.
• Demonstrate an understanding of community inclusion, and how to initiate new endeavors within the limitations of program schedules, staffing and individual consumer needs. Ability to supervise, make assignments fair and ensure that staff training needs are addressed.
• Knowledge and experience in implementation of behavioral management techniques. Demonstrate experience in development of habilitation plans and supervision of the implementation of habilitation plans as a QIDP.
• Ability to function as an interdisciplinary team, communicate clearly and to problem solve when conflict arises with professional, direct care and other members of the team.
• Ability to communicate in a thorough, concise, accurate and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to travel from one location to another in a timely manner, either alone or when accompanying individuals.
• Possess an acceptable work and attendance record.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 05/30/2018 and include EOA # 18-98 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: email@example.com.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.