Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications This position is open to candidates who have one year of permanent competitive service as a Budget Examiner, G-18. The position is also open to NYS employees at or above G-16 who are eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grade levels. In order to qualify for Section 52.6 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in an administrative title as defined by Section 52.6. Examples of qualifying Section 52.6 titles include Senior Administrative Analyst, G-18 and Business Systems Analyst 1, G-18.
Candidates should have strong analytical and interpersonal skills; be able to think creatively and strategically; and are also expected to be proficient in the use of office technology and Microsoft applications. The successful candidate must be able to: work well both independently and as part of a team; prepare, analyze and effectively present information; communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; manage multiple assignments; and demonstrate initiative in formulating constructive recommendations.
Duties Description The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for: the development, analysis, and oversight of the budgets for the Division of the Budget, Executive Chamber and Office of the Lieutenant Governor; monitoring and reporting on the fiscal operations of these agencies; assisting with the procurement of professional services and administration of the agencies' active contracts portfolio; and assisting in other finance office areas as needed. Tasks performed on a regular basis include, but are not limited to the following:
• Developing and presenting budget recommendations for new and existing program areas, as well as evaluating proposals advanced by the Legislature;
• Ensuring that spending controls, applicable statutes, and administrative guidelines are followed when reviewing the fiscal and programmatic operations of an agency’s budget;
• Preparing various budget, expense tracking and monthly disbursement reports for internal and external use;
• Assisting with the development of solicitation documents, providing support for various active procurements, and assisting with the administration and management of a diverse portfolio of professional services contracts;
• Participating in continued development and compliance with the Division of the Budget and Executive Chamber's Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) programs; and
• Working closely with Office of the State Comptroller, Statewide Financial System and Business Service Center liaisons on various budget/finance office processes.
Additional Comments To be considered for a current or future position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Centralized State Services" on the Professional Interests and Skills page.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for a current or future position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Centralized State Services" on the Professional Interests and Skills page.