Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a lateral transfer or a 52.6 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
NOTE: Candidates who are currently on the eligible list for the Program Research Specialist 4 in Albany need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
Duties Description Duties of the position will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Provide advice and guidance to staff regarding program initiatives; disseminate critical information; and ensure program objectives are known and adhered to;
• Communicate all findings and data analysis related to program objectives to the Assistant Deputy Commissioner, the Executive Chamber, and the Commissioner’s Office on a regular basis;
• Collaborate with the Training Bureau and Information Technology Specialists (ITS) to develop training programs and materials for use with Agency, local district, and shelter provider staff;
• Work on the continuous development and maintenance of databases used by the Division;
• Supervise assigned staff;
• Assist in analyzing shelter budgets and rates; provide technical assistance to local social service districts and shelter providers regarding shelter fiscal profiles; collaborate with agency finance staff.
Additional Comments Appointment to this position is contingent upon Division of Budget approval to fill. A full time, contingent-permanent appointment will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
***Candidates should reference posting #18-100 when submitting your application.***
If submitting electronically, please reference posting #18-100 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.