Office of Educational Design and Technology
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Education Improvement Services.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for nomination for Section 70.4 transfer to Assistant in Education Improvement Services if they have standing on the Civil Service eligible list for this title and are currently a New York State employee in a title allocated at Grade 20 or higher.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Assistant in Education Improvement Services position in the Office of Educational Design and Technology. This Office coordinates programs and initiatives that promote the effective integration of technology in educational environments statewide to improve teaching and learning. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in developing, conducting, supporting, and reviewing Department programs which assist schools in improving the delivery of educational services through technology;
• Assist in providing program support for partnerships between schools through the use of innovative, technology-enhanced programs;
• Assist in providing technical assistance for the EngageNY website, which supports schools in improving the delivery of educational services through technology as well as the Department’s ESSA priority to provide information and support for parents related to data on new accountability measures;
• Serve as lead content manager for the EngageNY website;
• Serve as primary liaison with other NYSED offices, including Office of Curriculum and Instruction, Office of State Assessment, Office of Higher Education and NYSED Office of Information Technology to manage EngateNY;
• Assist with analysis of EngageNY data, including performance and usage data, and create reports and visual presentations as requested;
• Assist with the development and management of educational content and resources, such as those related to improving equitable access to high-quality educational experiences;
• Assist with the review and evaluation of program and grant applications and/or proposals;
• Provide technical assistance to schools, local educational agencies, and other public or private agencies or professional groups;
• Assist with creating materials necessary to implement program objectives, including project management documentation, training and/or informational materials, procedures, presentations, surveys, forms, and/or manuals;
• Provide periodic and final reports on projects that include program status and/or specific recommendations; and
• Supervise lower level clerical and professional staff, as assigned.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 6, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1786/65009) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 6, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1786/65009) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.