Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
• Able to work independently or as part of a work team.
• Able to operate a variety of hand and power equipment in a safe manner.
• Must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and to communicate effectively to obtain and convey information
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
These positions are responsible for assisting maintaining the appearance and condition of grounds, and the community residences throughout the District.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of Plant Maintenance personnel:
• Maintains the appearance and conditions of grounds at State facilities.
• Cleans grounds by sweeping, raking, shoveling and removing debris, leaves, branches, etc.
• Clean exterior of homes and decks by utilizing pressure washers and brushes.
• Paint and stain homes and decks
• May assist in minor maintenance duties under the supervision of a tradesman.
• Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.