Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Candidates must have three years of experience in large-scale cooking, one year of which must have included regular supervision of subordinate employees.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and cooks a variety of foods for Service Recipients to be served at designated times.
• Reviews menus to determine type and quantity of food to be prepared.
• Prepares recipes using a variety of kitchen utilities
• Works with the Dietitian’s to plan menus and snacks which are appropriate for people requiring special diets to include allergies, religious accommodations, as well as consistency modifications.
• Tests foods for proper temperature and taste as adjusts as needed all while avoiding cross contamination.
• Oversees Mentoring in the department to include assignments, instructions, and communication with the Rehabilitation Coordinator to monitor progress of the Service Recipients.
• Arranges and distribute foods for shipping to different areas.
• Supervisory duties as assigned
• Insures that proper sanitation procedures are always followed.
• This Cook will be proficient in the OPWDD Choking Prevention Initiative Guide with a knowledge of food consistencies and preparation of all the consistencies listed in the Guide and will supervise in the preparation of modified consistencies.
• Skilled knowledge of how to use, sanitize, and maintain all equipment used in food production.
• Will work cash register and will be responsible for totaling sales, counting cash and bringing to the cash office and signing receipts.
• Oversees the recycling program in the RIT2 Connection
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.