Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunities: Any permanent Head Physical Therapist, Senior Physical Therapist of Physical Therapy Assistant OR
Any person eligible for 70.1 transfer
Promotional Opportunities: Any person eligible for appointment from the civil service list
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: On or before the date of filing application, you must meet the following requirements:
Physical Therapist Assistant 1: you must be eligible** for certification OR be certified and currently registered to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State.
After two years of satisfactory experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant 1, you will be advanced to Physical Therapy Assistant 2 without further examination.
Physical Therapist Assistant 2: you must be certified and currently registered to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State AND have two years of post-certification physical therapy assistant experience.
Duties Description PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT:
• Administers a variety of selected forms of physical therapy;
• Instructs individual patients and groups of patients in simple active exercises and in those directed to restoring specific body functions;
• Assists with ordering equipment, repair of equipment, preventative maintenance of all physical therapy equipment and lubrication and cleaning of wheel chairs.
• Under supervision, assistant will assist implementing clinical treatments, i.e., passive R.O.M., Vestibular stimulation, aquatics program, developmental sequence, etc.
• Instructs in transfer procedures, as from bed to wheelchair, and in the use of crutches;
• Prepares patients for treatment and sets up equipment;
• Cleans up and stores equipment after treatment;
• Observes, evaluates, and reports the relationship between the patient’s disabilities and the effect of treatment and the positive and negative responses to treatment.
• Work is performed under specific direction and frequent observation from a higher-ranking therapist.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.