Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
125 Phelps Way
Minimum Qualifications One-year experience in the operation and/or maintenance of a Park, Historic Site or Recreational Facility; OR Land management; OR two years of work in a related field; OR a combination there of. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Duties Description The Assistant performs routine maintenance and maintains carriage roads using a variety of hand tools and power-driven mechanical equipment including but not limited to; trucks, mowers, trailers, industrial leaf blowers, chippers, power tools, backpack blowers, line trimmers and hand tools. The Assistant may assist with semi-skilled maintenance including carpentry, plumbing, electrical and small engine mechanics. They assist with tree removal and tree trimming using a chainsaw, power pruners and chippers. The Assistant also checks the parking lot and replenishes 2 restrooms two times a day three times a week. They interact with the public by answering questions and assists in emergency situations. They may assist with maintenance and operations at other state park facilities, as needed.
Additional Comments OPERATIONAL NEEDS:
• Must possess & maintain a valid New York State Driver's License as a term & condition of employment.
• Must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor, including ability to lift & move 80 lbs.
• Must have a variety of construction and/or landscaping equipment operations skills and experience.
• Must be able to communicate in writing, read & comprehend written materials.
• Must be able to communicate well with park patrons, and be available to work on weekends & holidays.
• Duties may change or be added to correspond with the needs of Rockefeller State Park Preserve.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply: You can obtain an Employment Application from your local park office, the Taconic Region’s administrative office, from the intranet, or download an application from the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation website at www.nysparks.com (save application with your name to your computer). Submit a cover letter, resume, and your NYS PARKS application by email to Susan.email@example.com (include your name & position in subject line) or by mail to Susan Antenen, Rockefeller State Park, 125 Phelps Way, Pleasantville, NY 10570. If you have questions concerning the position, please contact Susan Antenen at (914)-631-1470 ext. 101.