Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
276 Chiarino Drive
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Office Assistant 1 will perform office support and clerical work to meet the requirements of Valley Ridge CIT programs. Such work may consist of, but is not limited to: data entry; math or calculations; mail, supply, and inventory-related tasks; keyboarding and other document preparation tasks; answering telephones; completing forms; assisting staff; creating or assisting in the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, and tables; and other related activities. This work is accomplished in accordance with applicable rules and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer questions from and provide information to various parties regarding agency activities, transactions, and procedures. Refer inquiries as necessary.
• Operate various communication systems such as telephones and computers; and keep records of such communications.
• Operate, and perform basic cleaning and maintenance on, office machines and equipment. Clear paper jams in copiers, scanners and printers; replace toner cartridges; and clean keyboards and screens.
• Schedule appointments and meetings using various office tools.
• Perform routine processing activities, including checking forms for completeness and accuracy.
• Maintain basic financial, accounting, and/or records.
• Perform calculations and computations, primarily on computers and calculators, using known and standard formulas and methods.
• As needed and as directed, contact various internal and external parties to obtain information.
• Prepare, process, review, and record numerical transactions and records. This activity may include: processing bills and vouchers; reviewing or auditing calculations or statistics; or disbursing or receiving items of value such as cash or vouchers, including, for example, such tasks as calculating and collecting fees.
• Type, proofread, review, and correct correspondence, documents, records, and other written material.
• Transcribe hand-written materials.
• Make appropriate corrections for format, accuracy, and validity.
• Assist in gathering or compiling data for reports, graphs, charts, tables, or other products.
• Create graphs, charts, or other visual aids to display data.
• May also prepare routine reports or assist others in the preparation of reports, following established guidelines.
• Maintain, update, and correct records and files.
• Receive, screen, review, and verify documents, forms, and other documents for completeness, content, and accuracy.
• Establish new files by coding and numbering forms, creating folders, and compiling relevant material.
• Receive, pick up, deliver, open, appropriately record, time stamp, sort, and distribute mail, e-mail, or other forms of correspondence or communication, or goods, materials, or stores.
• Maintain files, correspondence, documents, records, materials, and stores pursuant to guidelines.
• Maintain various listings for mail service purposes.
• Process outgoing mail by inserting letters into envelops, sealing envelopes, and applying correct postage.
• Receive, unload, unpack, sort, store, count, and distribute goods received, following established procedures.
• Take periodic physical inventory and maintain perpetual inventory records.
• Enter data and information into and retrieve data and information from computerized systems.
• Verify data previously transcribed or entered to detect errors.
• Perform various clerical or office assistance tasks such as scanning documents, and verifying accuracy of data from scanned documents.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by May 29, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #180529A in all correspondence.