Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
213 Tracy Creek Road
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Office Assistant 2 performs office support and clerical work to meet the requirements of OPWDD State Operations in Broome and Tioga County. Such work may consist of, but is not limited to: performing data entry; math or calculations; mail, supply, and inventory functions; keyboarding and other document preparation tasks; answering telephones; completing forms; assisting staff; creating or assisting in the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, and tables; and performing other related activities. This work is accomplished in accordance with applicable procedures, rules, regulations, and laws.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will perform complicated clerical and office support activities that require substantive knowledge of the programs, rules, or regulations. Such rules, or regulations may be subject to frequent change. They process requests that do not meet normal parameters and may require additional research and consultation with higher level staff. They also perform activities that may require coordination with internal or external parties.
• Design clerical processing procedures.
• Gather, compile, and prepare data from manual or automated files and other sources for various reports, publications, records, or other external or internal communications.
• Enters and validates information into TABS application.
• Respond to questions concerning the operation of the program area.
• Write responses to correspondence.
• Resolve work problems.
• Review forms and make appropriate determinations.
• Coordinate arrangements for meetings, courses, and other gatherings arrange for rooms, take attendance and meeting minutes, and insure that appropriate materials and equipment are available.
• Plan work and determine how it will be performed.
• Provide training in the use of work equipment, and office and agency procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Additional Comments • All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by May 29, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 180529C in all correspondence.