Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must be permanent in the Mental Health Program Specialist 2 title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health is recruiting a qualified State employee to fill the position of Mental Health Program Specialist 2, G-23 in the Division of Adult Services and Managed Care, Office of Managed Care. The incumbent of this position will assist and support the transformation of the NYS behavioral health delivery system, through policy development and implementation support.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in the development and implementation of Medicaid managed care projects for behavioral health, including:
o Moving intra and inter-agency projects and products to completion: planning; scheduling meetings and calls; agenda preparation; taking and distributing meeting notes; and acquiring leadership approval
• Support Medicaid managed care policy development in areas such as: dually-eligible consumers; social determinants of health; and, value-based payment
• Develop and oversee the implementation of management reports and system documentation
• Review Medicaid managed care consumer materials for appropriateness
• Support intra-agency review and updates to program standards and regulations; for example, regarding OMH Clinic
• Support intra-agency efforts to implement statewide crisis services
• Monitor and review state and federal healthcare and Medicaid statutes, regulations, and policies to identify pertinent issues and support policy and program responsiveness
• Assist in the development and implementation of Medicaid managed care for behavioral health. For example:
o Support Managed Care Medical Director in review and approval of utilization review criteria
o Support promotion of evidence-based and best practices
• Periodically visit programs throughout the State to communicate policy changes and assist in implementation efforts
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #53390 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.