Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
276 Chiarino Drive
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be current in title, eligible for 70.1 transfer, or reachable on the NYS Civil Service Eligible List for this title. Refer to the GOT-IT website for qualifications for provisional appointment.
Duties Description *After 2 years as a Recreation Assistant, candidate will have a non-competitive promotion to Recreation Worker.
(A) Recreation Assistants perform duties similar to those of a Recreation Worker with more oversight and support from other members of the treatment team.
(B) Recreation Workers plan and conduct recreational activities, such as sports, excursions, games, creative arts, clubs, and life management skills for people considered to be in the care and/or custody of New York State. Under general supervision and as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team, Recreation Workers collaborate with treatment team members in coordinating the care and care planning of any individuals served by the team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as a member of the treatment team in a Recreation Worker or Recreation Assistant role.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by May 29, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #180529G in all correspondence.