Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience as a professional advocate or service provider in the field of rehabilitation, developmental disabilities or mental health. An Associate’s Degree may substitute for (2) two years, a Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for (4) four years of the experience; and a Master’s Degree may substitute for an additional year of experience.
Duties Description The Advocacy Specialist 2 will:
• Serve as the liaison for the Technology-Related Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities (TRAID) program;
• Manage contracts with each TRAID center;
• Report to federal and state entities that grant funds;
• Compile reports from the TRAID centers;
• Attend meetings related to the TRAID programs;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments The New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice Center) is charged with protecting over one million New Yorkers under the care or jurisdiction of six state agencies. The following list outlines several of the Justice Center’s key responsibilities:
• Advocate on behalf of individuals with disabilities and provide oversight of quality of care.
• Operate a centralized, statewide 24-hour hotline and incident reporting system staffed by trained personnel.
• Operate a statewide register that contains the names of individuals found responsible for egregious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect.
• Centralize and perform functions relating to criminal history background checks.
• Investigate serious allegations of abuse and neglect.
• Prosecute criminal acts of abuse and neglect.
• Analyze abuse patterns and trends in order to prevent future occurrences.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.