Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employees with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as a BSC Representative 2; OR New York State employee with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service in a title allocated to SG-12 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the BSC Representative 2 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to a BSC Representative 2 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will work in the Business Services Center Support service area. Duties typical of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Providing clear direction for problem solving by ensuring staff has access to, and understands, OGS/BSC Policies, SWP, and all available resources.
• Participating in daily huddles to confirm communication with the team that includes current metric information, and identification of current or future problems or issues.
• Incorporating lean principles across all work, following the WILO (Week in the Life Of) schedule, and performing all duties with a “continuous improvement” mindset, offering ideas and solutions to coworkers.
• Addressing inquiries from the mailboxes in a timely manner and providing follow through until open items are resolved.
• Scheduling and coordinating room set up for Knowledge Exchanges, Customer Forums, Service Line WebEx’s; including, recording notes/action items for Customer Care-owned meetings, tracking action items through to closure, handling request for equipment for meetings and trainings, securing conference rooms, setting up rooms, microphones, sign in sheets, visitor access, and providing technical support.
• Monitoring the executive call line; tracking inquiries and ensuring their resolution is complete.
• Editing a variety of documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with direction from Team members and assisting in email distribution of approved announcements and executive outreach.
• Tracking Customer Care announcements, email communications, incoming inquiries, survey call backs, and forms metrics.
• Using data from tracking systems to determine and create questions and answers to promote self service.
• Distributing and tracking SLA and MOUs for all customer agencies.
• SLMS secondary administrator to enroll attendees, administer rosters, and complete SLMS classes.
• Maintaining training calendar in SharePoint and coordinating all trainer’s availability and training rooms.
• Collecting, tabulating, and analyzing training data for compliance reports and at the request of the service lines.
• Answering escalated calls from the call center and providing follow through until open items are resolved.
• Working collaboratively with leadership, managers, and peers to improve the processes of the BSC.
• Collaborating in the development and execution of test conditions to ensure performance of automated processes and systems is in conformance with legislative mandates and department requirements.
• Interacting with customers (phone, email, in person) in a respectful, helpful manner, and actively listen to issues and guiding them through appropriate solutions.
• Taking a lead role in providing the best possible customer service while keeping the needs of the BSC and the State of New York in perspective.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.