Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
130 E. State Street Suite 2
Minimum Qualifications Currently a permanent Habilitation Specialist 2 or 70.1 Transfer Eligible within two grades as determined by Civil Service (who meet the QIDP standards).
Promotion: Candidate must be reachable on the Civil Service List for Habilitation Specialist 2.
Must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and have had one year permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Habilitation Specialist 1, Habilitation Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), or Habilitation Specialist 1 (Manual Communications).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Ensure individuals reach their optimal level of functioning by developing individual residential habilitation plans, setting goals, and monitoring an individual’s progress in reaching those goals. Supervise direct care and/or clinical staff; provide specialized training and guidance to staff; and may direct paraprofessional staff involved in implementing service plans.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Development of individual habilitation plans based on the individual consumer valued outcomes and clinical needs of the individual, including the preparation of the residential habilitation plans as well as the development of training programs for implementation, and training of staff in the implementation of the habilitation program.
• Monitoring the implementation of the habilitation plans and revised components as needed.
• Completion of required habilitation documentation in line with agency and unit requirements.
• Develop and participates hands-on with activities on site and in the community to foster community inclusion.
• Participates in individuals’ ISP meetings.
• Participates in activities which support the program(s) and/or the unit’s approach to providing optimum care for all individuals.
• Oversee all aspects of special components of the program which occur regularly.
• Verify all program services are provided as prescribed by team planning process.
Additional Comments Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Habilitation Specialist 2 may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Sarah Meyers, TTL at 315-231-5262.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 05/31/2018 and include EOA # 18-102 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.