Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employees, with one year of permanent service in a G-21 title eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law, or currently in an G-23 position eligible for transfer.
Duties Description This position is for a Human Resources Specialist 2, Labor Relations, G-23 item in the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles Division of Labor Relations. The incumbent will be versed in knowledge of the requirements of NYS Civil Service Law, the CSEA and PEF contracts and Department of Labor Regulations for Workplace Violence Prevention, with additional duties including but not limited to:
Additional Comments • Supervise the Human Resources Specialist 1 (HRS 1), SG 18, staff in the Labor Relations office;
• Train, guide and mentor HRS 1 staff knowledge and abilities; evaluate their performance and training needs;
• Assign and manage HRS 1 assignments and travel;
• Review work of HRS 1 staff while in progress to evaluate need for adjustments;
• Perform the first level review of work completed by HRS 1 staff including Notices of Discipline, Settlements, Grievance Decisions, Dynamics Database development, etc.;
• Guide and assist HRS 1 staff in preparing for arbitrations and grievance hearings;
• Contribute in the development and evaluation of procedures and resource materials for Labor Relations office;
• Independently provide guidance to management regarding interpretation and application of the negotiated agreements with CSEA and PEF, Civil Service Law, Workplace Violence regulations and Department policies;
• Researching labor and/or management issues;
• Assisting and advising managers on determining appropriate actions;
• Participate in/assist project teams on labor/management issues;
• Participate in labor/management meetings;
• Conduct complex discipline cases, arbitrations, grievances and hearings.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building,Division of Labor Relations
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter (referencing the Vacancy ID noted at the top of this posting) indicating how you meet the qualifications for appointment, including your permanent title and current assignment, along with a clear and concise resume to the email address above. Candidates may be asked for their social security number to verify NYS employment history and transfer eligibility.