Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Base: Hudson IRA, 47 Narragansett Avenue
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must be active and reachable on the NYS Civil Service eligible list for Psychologist 2.
2. Have one year of permanent service as a Psychologist 1.
3. Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service.
In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the following promotion or open competitive qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
• Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Psychologist 1 or as a Psychologist 1 (Spanish Language).
• Candidates must have a master of psychology degree from a regionally accredited college or university which prepares graduates for master’s level psychologist positions in clinical, forensic, or community mental health settings; AND the degree program must have included a clinical psychology practicum, externship or clinical fieldwork.* In addition to the above requirements, candidates must have two years of supervised post-master’s degree experience in a clinical, community mental health setting, or forensic setting providing primarily psychological services.**
*A practicum, externship, or clinical fieldwork assignment is defined as a direct clinical training experience in providing psychological
services in an appropriate inpatient or outpatient community mental health, developmental disabilities services, forensic or community setting; which is a component of a qualifying Master of Psychology degree program and would also be listed on the official transcript.
Substitutions for post-master’s degree experience: A doctoral degree in clinical psychology may be substituted for two years of
post-master’s degree experience.
** Experience in a clinical, community mental health, addiction treatment facility, or forensic setting is considered to be any direct care experience with individuals, families, or groups in a hospital, psychiatric hospital, psychiatric clinic, community mental health clinic, correctional facility, intermediate care facility, institutional or school setting, or community based residential and/or day program under the supervision of a doctoral level psychologist, licensed psychologist, licensed physician, or licensed psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, or licensed clinical social worker. Qualifying experience for Psychologist 2 must primarily include administering assessments and tests for diagnostic psychological evaluations or completing functional behavioral assessments; developing behavior support plans; or writing psychological treatment plans; providing psychological counseling and treatment in one or more of the following areas: mental and/or emotional disorders, cognitive disorders, behavioral disorders, mental retardation, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, addictions, substance abuse disorders, sex offender assessment and treatment, or forensic mental health.
In addition, experience in experimental psychology, research psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, health psychology, utilization review, guidance counseling, as a habilitation specialist, pastoral counseling, or experience as an instructor of psychology will NOT be considered as qualifying.
Non-qualifying master’s and doctoral degrees include, but are not limited to the following: degrees in education, counseling, clinical counseling, clinical hypnosis, community counseling, educational counseling, forensic counseling, guidance counseling, human relations, marriage and family counseling, professional counseling, rehabilitative counseling, school counseling, student and personal services, mental health counseling, psychological counseling, pastoral psychology, transpersonal psychology, neuroscience, experimental psychology, industrial or organizational psychology or health psychology.
NOTE: If you are appointed provisionally, you must have taken the Psychologist 2 test scheduled on January 20, 2018 and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description • Provide psychological services to individuals who reside in state operated residences in Westchester County.
• Develop, implement and monitor behavior support plans and fuctional behavior assessments.
• Collect behavioral data and summarize for psychiatric consults.
• Conduct capacity to consent and psychological evaluations, as needed.
• Complete forensic assessments, including Risk Assessments and Risk Management Plans, as required.
• Develop and present individuals’ treatment plans to various review committees (BMRC, ICC, LRMC) for approval.
• Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team and attend meetings for individual service plans, case reviews, and residential habilitation.
• Participate as a member of the Psychology Department, which includes attending monthly meetings and performing special assignments as directed.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by May 30, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470
Notes on ApplyingPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Psychologist 2, you would perform duties similar to those of a Psychologist 1, but would handle more complex problems and situations and would have greater responsibility and independence. You may also act as a program administrator and supervise subordinate staff.