Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications STATE EMPLOYEES:
Office of General Services employees who have permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c status as a BSC Analyst 1 and are interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position at SG-13 or above and eligible for transfer under section 52.6, 70.1, or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law*.
*Comprehensive lists of titles approved for transfer to a BSC Analyst 1, BSC Analyst Trainee 1 and BSC Analyst Trainee 2 are available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
NOTE: Successful completion of a two year traineeship leads to appointment as a BSC Analyst 1, SG-18.
Candidates who are currently 55b/c eligible AND possess a bachelor’s degree are encouraged to apply for this position. If you qualify using this method you are required to provide us with your current letter of eligibility from Civil Service along with your resume.
Individuals with current standing on the Professional Career Opportunity (PCO) eligible list with the score of 100 or above are encouraged to apply.
Duties Description The BSC Analyst 1 will support the BSC Project and Performance Management Office in activities including, but not limited to:
• Defining business requirements for BSC Service and Support Lines for implementation and update of policies, procedures and standard work processes.
• Developing a functional understanding and serving as business owner of applications used to support BSC service delivery (e.g., FileNet, SFS) and enforcing a change control process in identifying requirements for changes and implementing those changes.
• Providing support as interface between technical and functional business resources.
• Writing and maintaining business cases and standard work including establishment of rules around what components are required and change control logs.
• Supporting identification and documentation of applicable laws, rule and regulations for standard work and procedures.
• Drafting project documents related to the BSC Strategic Plan.
• Assisting customers in the establishment of organizational performance plans.
• Analyzing data sets to develop team and individual metrics.
• Presenting analysis and reporting information to leadership.
• Must possess a strong customer service orientation, demonstrated problem solving abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a willingness to adapt in a changing environment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.