Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Secretary 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Secretary 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 9 and above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title or successful completion of a Keyboard Specialist performance test.
Employees reachable on the Secretary 1 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Secretary 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform administrative and secretarial support to the Director of the Office of Counter Terrorism
• Review and monitor mail correspondence
• Format and prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports and other related materials
• Schedule and reconcile travel arrangements and prepare invoices for entering in to SFS
• Screen and direct telephone calls
• Schedule meetings and conference calls, and reserve conference rooms
• Manage staff calendars
• Maintain files, make copies, scan, email and other secretarial/office supplies
• Develop and maintain the office filing system and order office supplies
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate staff
• Provide special project support when necessary
Additional Comments NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.