Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1050 Forest Hill Road
Minimum Qualifications Must possess a valid New York State drivers license for the type of vehicle to be operated and may be required to possess a
CDL Class A, B, C or General Class D license
At least one year of permanent service in a title eligible for 70.1 transfer pursuant to Civil Service Law
Currently serving in the title of Motor Vehicle Operator
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Picking up and bringing home Jervis Clinic patients in the NYC boroughs and metropolitan area that may include Long Island,
Yonkers and Rockland County
• Ensure child car seats are installed in vehicles correctly and used properly as required
• Transport bio-medical material to indicated laboratory
• Maintain fleet of several mini vans and sedan including bringing vehicles to service stations for service, repair and inspections
• Review transportation requests and assign vehicles to authorized drivers
• Maintain transportation log
• Maintain License Event Notification System (LENS)
• Clean vehicles as necessary
Additional Comments For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program: for more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1150 Forest Hill Road