Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
50 Wolf Road, Operations & Asset Management Division
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The incumbent will report to the Director, Office of Transportation Maintenance and assist other Offices with the Division of Operations and Asset Management. Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Review incoming/outgoing correspondence and draft responses where appropriate
• Prepare travel requests (PTAs) including attachments
• Answer telephone and respond to questions
• Manage the Office’s email mailbox
• Coordinate and arrange statewide meetings
• Establish office procedures, manage office supplies, maintain filing systems, provide instructions to staff & conduct follow up
• Resolve day-to-day operational problems
• Coordinate information flow by acting as liaison among key executives, staff, other employees and the public
• Coordinate Office Directors schedule and assemble meeting material
• Assist in the hiring process, which includes preparing job postings, canvassing lists, arranging interviews, preparation of P7’s and processing appropriate paperwork.
Responsibilities will include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than May 29, 2018.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, 5th Floor, Operations & Asset Management Division