Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
229-231 State Street, 3rd Floor
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or a current NYS Employee eligible for transfer via section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) provides high-quality, person-centered services, supports and advocacy to individuals with developmental disabilities in New York State. Our guiding principle in our interactions with the people we serve and each other is “Putting People First,” and is exemplified with values of compassion, dignity, diversity, excellence and honesty.
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Division of Enterprise Solutions is seeking a person to work as a Secretary in the local Revenue Support Field Office. The Secretary is part of the RSFO team responsible for securing Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Social Security and other benefits for the individuals we serve. In addition, the Secretary acts as a vital link in an ongoing project involving families, the DDRO and local DSS offices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of Secretary 1 will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Assist the RSFO Office Manager
• Supervise subordinate staff
• Provide secretarial support to the RSFO unit
• Assist with working on critical reports that monitor income and Medicaid eligibility, update Medicaid and TABS (Tracking and Billing System) to facilitate timely/accurate Private Party and Medicaid billing
• Track and monitor the status of other income related programs such as SNAP and Social Security
• Coordinate with the local DDRO and DSS offices for processing Medicaid applications for the Under 18 at Home HCBS Waiver Program and monitor the performance of transactions in the NYS Department of Health Welfare Management System
• Ensure telephone coverage
• Maintain office files and perform routine clerical functions such as acquisition of supplies
• Schedule meetings
• Type correspondence and special reports
• Assist with special and routine projects
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue