Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Medical nursing treatment as necessary;
• Coordinate, schedule, participate in and follow up on all medical and dental appointments;
• Order and/or reorder all medications and medical supplies weekly. Transcribe all MD orders and maintain MD orders book;
• Res hab activities, ADL's, appointments, etc., as directed by house supervisor, and any other tasks assigned to a Direct Support Assistant.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Driver’s License: Valid license to drive in NYS.
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• Employees who voluntarily bid to another work location will not be guaranteed time off that was approved and their former work location.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
500 Balltown Road - Building# 1
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include EOA# 18-164 on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER