Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Business Systems Analyst 4 or be eligible to transfer via Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law by having at least one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title within two salary grades of this position. If you are unsure whether your current title qualifies for transfer, you may contact email@example.com for a determination.
Provisional: One year of permanent service as a Business Systems Analyst 3.
Candidates appointed provisionally must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for the title, and their score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score may not be retained.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting a qualified, current State employee to fill a Business Systems Analyst 4, Grade 27, position in the Office of the Chief Medical Informatics Officer. Under the direction of the Chief Medical Informatics Officer (CMIO), the incumbent will be responsible for evaluating, developing, and supporting solutions for all current and future OMH information technology (IT) systems. These systems are integral to patient health and safety and assist the agency in achieving its mission of recovery and support to those with serious mental illness and their families. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop, establish and monitor OMH’s business analysis methodologies and related enterprise business analysis policies and processes.
• Coordinate and oversee the development and maintenance of standards and best practices for business analysis and providing guidance on tools and techniques.
• Write agency business analysis standards and process documents to define the scope of the projects and ensure consensus, refine the objectives, and define the best course of action to obtain objectives.
• Provide and coordinate training and mentoring in business analysis skills and on business process improvement techniques; Conduct periodic assessments regarding business analysis maturity, skills, training needs, and business analysis competencies to ensure continuous improvement of business analysis practices.
• Foster continuous improvement of overall business analysis capability through education, research, and the incorporation of LEAN principles.
• Create process, data, and object-oriented models to support the understanding and development of an “as-is” or “to-be” process or system.
• Analyze and revise flow charts, process models and technical specifications describing current and/or future IT systems and business processes, to include the impact of proposed process improvement initiatives
• Provide recommendations and advice to executive management regarding enterprise business analysis policies and goals and overseeing the implementation of new/revised programs.
• Prioritize business process changes to maintain system functionality and efficiencies and establish timetables which identify project milestones and set implantation goals for projects.
• Organize, conduct and supervise business process improvement and requirements definition consulting engagements.
• Facilitate enterprise or division-specific requirements elicitation sessions ensuring stakeholder needs are understood and requirements are prioritized and at an appropriate level for the lifecycle phase
• Serve as an internal consultant to project teams and business units on business analysis and business process improvement.
• Facilitate the reuse of requirements on related projects to encourage enterprise consistency of business models.
• Perform a full range of supervisory duties for direct reports and ensure proper supervisory management exists for indirect reports
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #53580 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.