Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Please Note: Individuals must be employed by New York State to apply for appointment to this position.
Current New York State employees, with one year of permanent service in a G-21 title eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law, or currently in an G-23 position eligible for transfer.
Duties Description • Serve as the Department and State liaison for Child Passenger Safety/Occupant Protection and School Bus Safety
• Assist in the development and preparation of the New York State Highway Safety Strategic Plan and Highway Safety Annual Report
• Write applications for federal grants to develop, implement and assess Child Passenger Safety/Occupant Protection and School Bus Safety
• Evaluate GTSC grantee applications for compliance with Federal and State guidelines and make recommendations for funding
• Evaluated the management, control, and administration of approved projects to assist in assuring compliance with federal grants. This includes travel for on-site monitoring of projects
• Provide on-site and off-site support and guidance for Child Passenger Safety/Occupant Protection and School Bus highway safety program
• Provide administrative, management and continuity support to the New York State Child Passenger Safety Advisory Board
• In conjunction with the New York State Child Passenger Safety Board representatives, plan Child Passenger Safety technician certification, renewal and update classes throughout the State
• Coordinate State level activities in support of National Child Passenger Safety Week and Seat Check Saturday
• Research and assess Occupant protection programs in other states to ascertain program effectiveness in New York
• Provide assistance for Occupant Protection and School Bus related press releases, artwork, articles and other media information released by DMV’s Office of Communications
• Respond to requests for information about Occupant Protection and school Bus programs received from highway safety partners and the general public
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter (referencing the Vacancy ID noted at the top of this posting) indicating how you meet the qualifications for appointment, including your permanent title and current assignment, along with a clear and concise resume. Candidates may be asked for their social security number to verify NYS employment history and transfer eligibility.