Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a District Manager Vocational Rehabilitation.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a qualifying title M-1 (SG-24/25) or above deemed eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional Appointment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant District Manager Vocational and Educational Services or an Associate Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor or two years of service as a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor or a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Manual Communications).
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Employees of ACCES-VR who are currently in a District Manager Vocational Rehabilitation position and are interested in transferring to the location indicated on this flyer MUST apply for the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates to fill a District Manager Vocational Rehabilitation position. The incumbent of this position will direct and plan the operations of the ACCES-VR Albany District Office. The District Office provides educational, vocational and counseling services for persons with disabilities. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for the planning, budgeting, program and policy evaluation, vendor review and management reporting for the ACCES-VR program for the geographic area served by the District Office. The Albany District Office serves approximately 5,600 consumers. The incumbent of this position must be skilled in the development of linkages and coordination with business and industry and with other service delivery systems and consumer groups, with special emphasis on populations that are underserved. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Direct office operations, including productivity, work flow, staffing, office automation and other resource needs;
• Provide general supervision to Associate and Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors and to the support staff responsible for finance and support operations;
• Review performance programs and performance appraisals to ensure validity and overall office consistency;
• Implement programs related to cooperative business relationships;
• Oversee the case review process;
• Ensure that findings of case reviews are appropriately followed-up and corrective action taken;
• Develop recommendations for restructuring office organization and direct the implementation of the changes;
• Identify policy issues pertaining to the provision of services and implement changes and resolve problems concerning such issues; and
• Oversee the implementation of service program initiatives including supported employment projects, business and industry marketing plans, school linkage projects and other initiatives called for by the regional or statewide service plans.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Regular statewide travel is required.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $111,005, based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 14, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2040/43801) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 14, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2040/43801) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.