Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must be permanent in the Mental Health Program Specialist 2 title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Mental Health Program Specialist 2, G-23 position in the Division of Adult Services and Managed Care, Bureau of Program and Policy Development.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with the establishment of multiple Comprehensive Community Behavioral Health Clinics which will include development of selection criteria and certification standards, provision of technical assistance, establishment of prospective payment methodology, establishment in evaluation methodology, and development of NYS proposal to CMS to participate in eight state demo.
• Assist in the establishment of a pilot program under the 1115 waiver to develop self-directed care program including: finalizing program design, training and education, site selection design and program implementation.
• Assist with developing and conducting a statewide oversight process for HCBS providers. This includes coordinating an interagency group in developing policy guidance, along with creating a review tools and conducting in-person visits to newly designated HCBS provider locations throughout the state.
• Assist in analyzing Medicaid claims data for HCBS providers to monitor service provision and network capacity
• Work closely with state partners, Local Government Units and community providers to provide interpretation of policy, guidance and provide technical assistance.
• Apply well-developed written and oral communication skills to translate highly complex concepts in a way that can be understood by a variety of audiences.
• Prepare a wide range of presentation material for internal and external stakeholders.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #53678 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.