Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Currently in title; or
• Eligible for 70.1 transfer from a title deemed comparable by the Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 salary grades).
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the Capital District DDSO Contract and Purchasing Unit which includes the following:
• Follow the NYS Procurement Guidelines.
• Obtain formal and informal quotes as necessary.
• Supervise and train subordinate staff on procurement policies and procedures.
• Assist the Centralized Contract Management Unit with developing contract IFBs.
• Review proposed contracts to confirm agency needs, and availability of funds.
• Provide guidance, technical assistance and training to agency staff and/or potential bidder(s) to facilitate the contract and procurement processes.
• Monitor contract compliance and payments, ensuring contract terms are met.
• Assist in developing office policies and procedures to monitor and control the contract process.
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with program and administrative organizations.
• Other administrative tasks as necessary.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
500 Balltown Road
Notes on Applying(Appointment may also be made at the Trainee 1 level and serve up to a two-year traineeship)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Amy Link, Human Resources Specialist 2
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER