350 Main Street, Suite 300A
Minimum Qualifications You must have a current license, and be registered to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State. In addition, you must have had five years of registered nursing experience in the following areas: rehabilitation, medical/surgical, public health, community health, occupational health, utilization review, or review of medical records from hospitals.
Duties Description • Review and analyze claims for medical malpractice.
• Analyze injuries suffered by the Plaintiff in connection with the lawsuit and analyze plaintiff’s medical history.
• Assist attorneys in the preparation of answers or other responses to medical malpractice claims under state and federal law.
• Assist in the defense of medical malpractice cases, including participating in the discovery process.
• Draft chronologies outlining the medical treatment received by patients.
• Research medical topics.
• Communicate with medical staff at correctional facilities and other medical facilities.
• Assist attorneys with trial preparation, including assisting in the preparation of expert medical witnesses for deposition and trial.
• Prepare exhibits for use in court proceedings.
• Perform other duties assigned by attorneys.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.