Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Must have a current license and registration to practice in New York State, or a limited permit to practice in NYS, or an application on file for a limited permit to practice in NYS.
Upon appointment, candidate must submit proof of a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State.
Duties Description • LPNs at OPWDD, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, are involved in the treatment of people with developmental disabilities;
• LPNs administer medications and injections; perform tube feedings; hang IVs; collect blood samples (if certified for venipuncture); observe patients and report changes in their conditions; take and record temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure; obtain specimens for analysis; and perform other medical procedures as ordered by a physician;
• As an LPN, a candidate must be able to prepare and apply simple dressings; bathe and feed individuals; and care for people in their living quarters by performing such tasks as making beds, changing linens, lifting and moving; and care for any personal needs.
Additional Comments • Competitive Salary • Health Insurance • Retirement Plan • Paid Vacation • Paid Holidays • Paid Sick Leave • Opportunities for Advancement • Professional Development Opportunities • FLEX Spending (Dependent Care & Health Care Spending Account) • Employee Assistance Program • Student Loan Forgiveness Programs •
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
620 Westfall Road
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should call (585) 461-8800 for an application or email opwdd.sm.FL.Hiring@opwdd.ny.gov
• Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the geographic pay differential. $40,113 - $48,772 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for ISU Grade 10 ($38,113), and Geographic Differential ($2,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($46,772) for the ISU Grade 10.