Office of Audit Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Auditor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Accountant, Associate Examiner Municipal Affairs, Associate Internal Auditor**, Associate Medical Facilities Auditor, Employment and Training Fiscal Auditor 2, Financial Services Examiner 2**, State Program Examiner 2**, State Program Examiner 2 (Systems)**, or Tax Auditor 2 (Corporation).
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Audit Services (OAS) is seeking applicants for an Associate Auditor position. The OAS is responsible for conducting audits of educational entities, including school districts, Boards of Cooperative Educational Services, not-for-profit organizations, and other institutions located throughout the State that are regulated by, or receive funds administered by, the NYSED. The incumbent of this position will function as the auditor-in-charge of audit assignments and will be responsible for the day-to-day activities involved in conducting an audit. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee the audit process, including survey, fieldwork, and reporting;
• Prepare specific audit plans to indicate the scope of the audit, audit objectives, staffing requirements and estimated time required for the audit;
• Prepare detailed audit programs showing how the audit plan will be accomplished, and assign staff to perform segments of the program;
• Meet with auditee’s representatives to describe the nature of the audit that will be conducted and establish the audit protocols;
• Advise the audit team of potential audit risks, and techniques and approaches to be used during the audit;
• Assign staff to specific audit tasks and provide appropriate supervision and training to audit staff;
• Conduct audits based on approved audit plans and programs;
• Review audit working papers and reports for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with audit plans and programs;
• Prepare audit reports with findings and recommendations for supervisory review;
• Notify the audit manager of audit progress and report any discrepancies;
• Meet with representatives of the auditee to summarize audit findings, and ensure the findings are consistent with Government Auditing Standards; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required at the time of interview for all candidates transferring from Associate Internal Auditor, Financial Services Examiner 2, State Program Examiner, or State Program Examiner 2 (Systems). This position requires overnight travel up to 40% of the time.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
**Candidates applying to this position based on service in this title must also have 24 semester credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation courses.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 20, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email submissions preferred.) You must include the Box number (PIMS-310/00814) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 20, 2018 to email@example.com. (Email submissions preferred.) You must include the Box number (PIMS-310/00814) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.